Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Evening Project

One corner of the house eaves had deteriorated to the point it was collapsing. I finally decided I was sick of looking at it and repaired it after work today.

It started off like this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

After hacking out the offending piece I was left with this:

Photobucket

Then, using a hunk of what I pulled out of the attic last fall I fabricated the replacement piece:

Photobucket

And nailed it in place using a 2x4 that was also in the attic as a brace where the two this boards meet:

Photobucket

Not great, as I'm not a carpenter, but it will keep the critters out for the time being.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet Pea said...

Looks pretty neat to me.

9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home