Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Found the price limit

It would seem that $3.45/gallon for 87 octane is the limit at which people around here start thinking about getting better fuel economy. Yesterday's traffic was too light to notice much but this morning I passed several sets of cars without ever going above my usual speed of 65mph. Still a lot of cars dicing through at 80+, but there are quite a few more going under the limit now.

It actually makes my drive a bit more challenging as I have to make sure I've got room to pass without causing a backup myself. Oh well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sweet Pea said...

I'm still learning how to drive more smoothly and it is helping me keep to 23 miles per gallon. Tough sometimes when I just want to get by all the 50mph dawdlers!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home