Cynicallous

A light, airy, effervescent, blog of grave consequence. (NOT!) Dedicated to those of us who must respond to negative stimuli by Chernobyling (entombing in concrete) our innermost thoughts.

Name:
Location: Slaughter, Louisiana, United States

A semi-gruntled corporate reliability engineer trying to make ends meet while keeping my wife happy, and myself out of the asylum.

Friday, September 21, 2012

That's Not What I Expected.....

So I'm off today and decided to dig into the gas connection at the house given the entertainment of a couple of months ago at the meter. Here's a picture of what I found. The line is only a few inches under the ground and runs from the yellow gas line I found at the meter to PVC to black iron. Additionally, they necked it down from 3/4" to 1/2 at the black iron connection. Next steps are to cut it all out back to the yellow line and replace it with minimum 3/4" ID pipe while adding a local shut off at the house and a big 1" T with a valve for when I eventually convert the generator to Natural Gas.

Photobucket

1 Comments:

Blogger Perry Rose said...

And it's Puppy approved to boot.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home